Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Comet Ping Pong & Pizza

Funny story actually. I drove down from Northampton, MA yesterday to play this show in DC at Comet Ping Pong & Pizza. Took forevs to get here, and I had no idea what the show was going to be like. I walk in and the people working have no idea that I am playing, but are all about the sweetest humans I have come to meet the whole day. They give me pizza and beer and set up a PA for me to play through.

Then, this dood at the bar named Eddie ask me if I am related to this guy Tom Hnatow from a local band called "These United States". Right then, I knew this was a special place. I have randomly been in caontact with this Tom fella for the past year or so not just due to our unusual "Ukrainian" last name, but due to the fact that he looks EXACTLY like me...like it scares me!

I play my set to about 6 people...Eddie gives me $40 and says he loved the set and to put it towards a hotel for the night....I give him every merch item I have...The bar gives me $40...I talk with this awesome girl named Rachael at the bar....another dood gives me $20 for some albums....I go across the street and pay exactly $100 for a hotel...I sleep...I awake....I write this blog to you on the Days in computer (that's why there are no pics)

Moral of the story...Don't pay attention to who is watching you...just go about your day and do what you do....It will all work out fine in the end.

Thanks Comet Ping Pong & Pizza...You have stole my heart...And you know what, I am gonna let you hold onto it for a while :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment